LAIKA CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN
The title of the Club shall be:- THE LAIKA CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN
The aims of the Club shall be:-
- The organisation of events of interest to its members.
- To create and maintain a spirit of friendship amongst its members through a common interest in motorhomes and motorcaravarming for recreation.
- To promote the exchange of ideas, information and experiences of recreation in motorhomes and motorcaravans particularly Laika vehicles.
- Membership shall be open to owners of LAIKA motorcaravans and those members who previously owned a Laika motorhome.
- Membership application shall be made on a form prescribed by the committee giving such information as may be required.
- Honorary members may be elected only at an Annual General Meeting.
- Members shall mean both applicant and partner, both of whom shall be entitled to vote at meetings.
- Membership may be withdrawn at the discretion of the committee. The member shall have the right of appeal and to appear before the committee
- Associate membership shall be available to members’ friends and relations.
The following conditions will apply to such associate members
- They must be proposed by a full member & their membership approved by the committee.
- They shall pay the standard joining & membership fees.
- At any one time the number of such members shall not be more than 15% of the number of full members
- They will not have voting rights in any of the club’s business meetings.
Members are required to observe the Caravan Code and the Country Code and to assist Rally Officers in maintaining the criteria.
- The affairs of the Club shall be administered in accordance with this constitution.
- The property, assets and income of the Club shall be applied solely for the benefit of the Club and its members.
- The management of the Club shall be carried out by the committee who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting or in the case of a vacancy at a General Meeting to be held during a rally, after a period of adequate notice.
- All offices shall be honorary and shall include Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Rally Co-ordinator, Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor and up to two other Committee Members who either own or have owned a Laika. Any Club member may hold one or more committee positions so long as at least three different family units are represented on the Committee.
- Nominations for officers of the Club shall be made before or at a General Meeting with a proposer and a seconder, with a majority vote by all members present.
- A General Meeting shall require a quorum of 15% of total membership.
- The Chairman shall ensure that current minutes of all committee and General Meetings are recorded and proper accounts are kept.
- Subscriptions shall become due on 1st. January each year and membership shall be terminated if a subscription remains unpaid by 30th. April.
- The Chairman shall ensure that a rally officer is appointed for each rally meeting.
6 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- A General Meeting called the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING shall be held each calendar year. 28 days notice of the date of the meeting will be given to all members, together with the time and place. Notice may be included in a newsletter or rally list.
- The business of the A.G.M. shall include the following:-
- To approve the minutes of the previous A.G.M.
- To receive and approve audited accounts for the previous year.
- To appoint an auditor or competent person to examine the accounts.
- To receive reports of the officers.
- To agree any change of subscription.
- To discuss any other matter for which appropriate notice has been given.
7 OTHER GENERAL MEETINGS
- A Special General Meeting may be held for a specific purpose after 28 days notice,
- If at least 10% of family units from the membership make a request to the Chairman in writing for a Special General Meeting, stating the purpose of the meeting, the officers of the Club shall arrange such a meeting.
If a General Meeting agrees to the closing down of the Club any funds remaining shall be donated to a charity chosen by the members or in default by the Chairman.
Dated: 5th. Dec. 2012.